Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Good Food!

I have lived in here in Connecticut for most of my adult life. I have also worked and spent a lot of time in New Haven over the past 6 years and when i think about it have actually scene and tried very little of what New Haven has to offer.

Despite the general "stigma" that New Haven is an inner city with a lot of baggage, it actually has so much to offer. It is a melting pot for culture, cuisine, and experiences that range far and wide. Besides the famous(?) Pepe's and Sally's Pizza wars, with Modern and Bar throwing their hats err pies in the ring, and the first hamburger at Louie's Lunch, there is a plethora of fine dining options afforded to me. So now I begin my list of all the places I wish to try, but please bear in mind that I am no critic or culinary expert, just someone who loves good food and good wine and cocktails.

If you have any suggestions, PLEASE drop me a comment!

New Haven:

Ibiza

Bentara

Scoozi

Thai Taste

Caseus

Bespoke

Zinc

Thali

Hartford:

Fairfield County:

Others:

Crave

Le Petit Café




MORE TO COME!

2 comments:

  1. That's the beauty of enjoying what's around you. Every place has its own flavor, so to speak.

    Ibiza had me at "wild mushroom risotto, truffle oil, Tetilla cheese". Seriously, I don't wanna look at any other menus for a while because I don't wanna cheat on the risotto. ;)

    Make sure to experience them all soon...and all the other gems that are waiting to be discovered. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. visited Zinc this past week!

    Their drink menu is fun and exciting highlighted by a "bacon and eggs" LOL.

    Kristen and I started with a cocktail and some cheese selections.
    1. Farmhouse Grafton Cheddar/ Grafton, Vermont
    2. Great Hill Blue/ Massachusetts
    3. Beemster Aged Gouda/ Holland

    For an appetizer she had the beef lettuce wraps and I chose the smoked duck nacho's. They both were incredible! Just enough given with huge flavor and taste!

    Next up was the main course, Kristen had the Hangar Steak and I chose the Arctic Char. Again both entree's were excellent and I even liked Kristen's steak better!

    Finally was dessert :) I played it safe with a selection of sorbet's while Kristen ordered the Truffles + Chocolates. Both ended a great meal and time out together.

    hmmmm which restaurant is next?

    ReplyDelete